Designed by: Peter Thomson | Opened: 1996 | Holes: 18-HOLES | Par: 72 | Length 6969
Royal Chiang Mai Golf Resort
Designed by legendary golf architect, Peter Thompson, in 1996, The Royal Chiang Mai Golf Resort is one of the most popular and well known courses in the region with a layout that is extremely golfer-friendly for amateurs and professionals alike.
Located a 40-minute drive out of Chiang Mai City, the course is set over a par-72 and 6,969 yards from the back-tees. Set amidst stunning greenery with lots of mature trees to the backdrop of a valley and rolling countryside scenery, this course is as beautiful as any in Thailand, while at the same time offering a game of golf that players of all abilities can enjoy.
The mountainous terrain that surrounds the course makes a very natural round of golf, incorporating steams and waterfalls on this former fruit orchard site. The scenery in conjunction with the high-altitude provides a cooler and less humid atmosphere, so you can play this course in a great deal of comfort.
The course itself enjoys a British links feel with gently rolling fairways and hollows, some pot-bunkers and neatly trimmed areas around the greens. This is a course that relies on accuracy as opposed to distance, which means you have to play strategically to shoot a good score. The standouts on the course are all their par-3s, which are all like signature holes in their own rights, while the most challenging hole on the course is the long par-5 7th-hole. Every hole blends perfectly into its surroundings, offering top-notch golf in a stunning natural setting.
The course facilities include a nice clubhouse that offers great views of the course, practice facilities and even an onsite resort.
Royal Chiang Mai Golf Resort Green Fee Rates & Prices
|Green Fee Rates||1,800 THB per golfer (based on 1-4 golfers)|
|Cart Fee||700 THB|
|Caddy Fee||350 THB|
Reasons to play The Royal Chiang Mai Golf Resort:
- Stunning natural setting amidst mountains, valleys and streams
- Links-style course with lots of rolling hills and undulations
- Cool atmosphere at high-altitude
- Only a 40-minute drive outside Chiang Mai City
- Onsite club house, practice facilities and golf resort
- One of the most popular courses in the region
- Designed by legendary golfer and architect Peter Thompson
- Followers (non-golfers) are permitted on the golf course, however they must be in a golf cart.
- Followers must follow the clubs on-course dress regulations, the same as all golfers.
- Rate: THB:600 Share cart with the Golfer. Pay direct to the golf course!
Rain Check Policy:
- If a player has played not over 3 holes – an 18 hole green fee rain check will be provided.
- If a player has played over 4 holes & less than 12 holes a 9 hole green fee rain check will be provided.
Location GPS: 19.025892, 98.988428
|CLICK THE ‘DIRECTIONS ICON’ ON THE GOOGLE MAP & ADD YOUR HOTEL NAME TO SEE THE DISTANCE FROM YOUR HOTEL TO THIS GOLF COURSE.|