Designed by: Nick Faldo | Opened: 1993 | Holes: 18-HOLES | Par: 72 | Length: 6964
Summit Windmill Golf Club
Conveniently located just a 30-minute drive from downtown Bangkok, the Summit Windmill Golf Club was designed by golfing legend Nick Faldo and is one of the easiest courses to visit from the city.
This 18-hole 72-par course was first constructed in 1993 and is set over 6,964 yards from the back tees, and although it’s not a long course, it’s still a challenging one.
The course is quite unique when compared to other courses in the region because it’s located in the city’s suburbs but still enjoys a park-like feel with lots of wildlife.
The main defenses of this park-style course are its water hazards, which play a part of almost every hole. Both the 1st and 18, which are two of the course’s signature holes, have lakes that flank the entirety of the holes. The 1st hole is a par-5 that is set over a massive 624 yards,
The course enjoys an innovative design with lots of contoured fairways, which is a hallmark of Nick Faldo designed courses. Water protects the par-3s, such as the island green on the 12th hole. Trees line a majority of the holes and many of the greens have elevated approaches and undulated slopes. Surprisingly, there is not so much rough on the course.
Summit Windmill is not in the same condition it was a few years ago but is still an enjoyable round of golf and being so close to the city makes it a convenient experience.
The clubhouse is large and grand, coming equipped with lockers rooms, massage and sauna options, a pro-shop and a restaurant that serves Thai food.
Summit Windmill Golf Club Green Fees & Prices
|Green Fee Rates (Weekdays)||2,800 THB per golfer (based on 1-4 golfers)|
|Green Fee Rates (Weekends)||3,700 THB per golfer (based on 1-4 golfers)|
|Cart Fee||900 THB|
|Caddy Fee||400 THB|
Reasons to play Summit Windmill Golf Club
- Only a 30-minute drive from downtown Bangkok
- The course was designed by golf legend Nick Faldo
- Forgiving course layout with limited rough
- Mature course that was constructed back in 1993
- Followers (non-golfers) are permitted on the golf course, however they must be in a golf cart.
- Followers must follow the clubs on-course dress regulations, the same as all golfers.
- Rate:THB 1300 including cart & caddy. Pay direct to the golf course!
Rain Check Policy:
- If a player has played not over 3 holes – an 18 hole green fee rain check will be provided.
- If a player has played over 4 holes & less than 8 holes a 9 hole green fee rain check will be provided.
- A 30-minute drive from downtown Bangkok
GPS Location: 13.654865, 100.705356
|CLICK THE ‘DIRECTIONS ICON’ ON THE GOOGLE MAP & ADD YOUR HOTEL NAME TO SEE THE DISTANCE FROM YOUR HOTEL TO THIS GOLF COURSE.|